Sunday, September 13, 2020

The Meaning Of A Native American Story

First Impression


This is honestly a good story. When I read the first lines I assumed it was going to be the creation of the Earth and then Adam & Eve. I was wrong.  Also I didn't read the title until now, if I had read it before then my thoughts would've been different. To be honest, this sounds like a Greek mythology story more than a Native American one, probably because since the Gods lived in the skies like any person predict in books, articles etc. One of the aspects that I liked is how the animals, despite them all being different, were able to communicate and help out the Chief's wife. Like how?? It's weird how us humans interpenetrate that all animals speak the same language. Also why is the turtle being credited on the title if he literally just swam up once the Earth was blooming. The other animals need credit for holding on to the wife and trying to bring the Earth up :^(.

dark angelcore | Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journal Entries #8

December 14, 2020 Q. What do you do to make yourself feel better? Work out? An extra long shower? Makeup? A special outfit? Please explain. ...